Hello world! Again, it's been a long time since our last post and there is good reason for that. We have a newborn here at the This Kid headquarters in addition to our 2 year old (who I'm watching practicing his rolling on the ground right now). When it comes to this blog, we have the best of intentions and the poorest execution! This past month has been spent bonding with baby and putting together a stellar SS16 collection (if we do say so ourselves!)
There are so many things we have in toe works right now and a long list of things we need to get caught up on. As a mother and boss lady, my life is full of To Do lists that are always getting half done, so instead of having a list of things in a notebook that we have either planned or outstanding for This Kid, I figured, why not publish it in a blog for the world to see!
So here goes, in no particular order, here's what we're working on, a glimpse into my Boss lady To Do list (we won't even talk about my Mom/Wife To Do list because that one just grows exponentially and no one would invest the time into reading it all it would be so incredibly long!):
- Add a stockists section to the site with info about our current stockist and how to inquire about becoming a stockist.
- Take pictures of the AW15 collection for insta posts
- Take pictures of the SS16 collection for the site and insta posts
- Get new flyers made for shipments
- Get new tags made for garments
- Work on Summer portion of SS16 collection (Neon Geo + AA Tanks/BB Tees/Leggings)
- Expand our current list of stockists in the USA/Canada
- Consider our trade show options for 2016 after September/Oct
- Look into the logistics of pop-up shops
- Build a mailing list
- Create PDF catalogue for new collection for stockists
- Build Facebook following
- Work on Facebook Advertising strategy
- Upgrade Paypal account
- Implement Google Analytics
- Get USD currency bank account
- Start using Pinterest
- Buy a House
- Hire a nanny so some of this is possible
Well folks, there it is. That is my boss lady To Do list. I always think it's neat to get a little behind the scenes insight on what's going on with the small shops that I love, so we thought, what the heck, lets share!
Now, don't get me wrong, I am under no false impression that I will be able to get all of this done by any means. My conservative estimate would be half. Some are easier than others;getting flyers printed is no problem; getting organized enough to attend trade shows would be a minor miracle on it's own. But it's all on the list because there is a much higher chance of it happening if it's written down!
One day I wrote down 'mom tees' and this happened:
We are very excited about how our product line has evolved over the past 10 months (yes, that's as long as we've been at it!) and are very excited to execute the ideas that we have in the works. We're surprised and humbled at what strong legs our small company has had over the past almost year in business and are very thankful to all the moms, kids and team members we have supporting us!
Do us a favour while you're here and check out our SS16 collection, it's actually kind of amazing! And feel free to comment on our blogs now, we've enabled commenting, so go nuts!